Explore your Future With Us.
Telecommunications Engineer (Managed Services)
- Do you have a genuine passion to be part of a growing team?
- Are you able to understand internal and external clients’ needs and provide technical solutions?
- Looking for a new challenge to really use these talents?
At Perfekt we are a fast-growing IT Services Company that has a primary focus in Infrastructure technologies encompassing
- Data Management
- Virtualisation – VMware/Microsoft
- Data Centre / CLOUD Solutions
- Managed Services
This key role is to work as part of Managed Services support team and plan, design, build, configure, commission and maintain telecommunication network and systems. The successful candidate will be required to follow regular procedures to ensure all the tasks are delivered as per schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan, design, build, configure and commission telecommunications networks and systems, such as voice, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and Software Defined Network and Network Function Virtualization, wireless Mesh networks, and ensure telecommunications systems interconnect with equipment from different manufacturers, service providers and users.
- Support and enforce telecommunication systems continuity deploying and maintaining monitoring, backup and recovery, replication, control and automation systems across the communication managed infrastructure platforms.
- Evaluate and/or procure new products and services from vendors.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures in the provision of telecommunications systems.
- Determine appropriate configurations of telecommunications hardware and software, ensure desired performance of telecommunications equipment.
- Monitor telecommunications systems to assess need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems.
- Assess performance levels of system hardware and software to project future needs and develop short- and long-terms plans for updating equipment, adding capabilities, enhancing existing systems and providing improved telecommunications.
- Recommend corrective action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards detected across the communication managed infrastructure systems.
- Liaise with hardware and software vendors where required for problem resolution and drive these to conclusion.
- Provide support and administration for all elements required for the telecommunication systems to function, such as network switches and routers, DNS, DHCP and LDAP servers.
- End to end support for the Network Operations Centre services delivery function.
- Create, perform and collaborate in dailies, weeklies and monthlies scheduled activities including reports, updates, meetings and trainings.
- Troubleshooting, upgrading and providing service support to communication infrastructure systems including but not limited to compute, storage, network, cloud, backups and recovery, security and disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Optimize and automate internal systems to improve the manage services activities efficiency.
- Problem and incident management utilising tools and ITIL Framework.
- Create, review and maintain documentation such as procedural, instructional and operational guidelines and policies, as well as producing technical reports.
In addition to having superior technical skills, you will need to be able to understand internal and external clients’ requests and respond quickly and effectively. This requires a resourceful and dynamic individual with excellent communication skills and high levels of priority awareness.
This is predominantly a services delivery role where the key function will be focused around Telecommunication Network, Backup and Security Managed Services provided by Perfekt. To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and experience.
- Engineering or Computer Networking/Systems degree
- Technical experience in system integration specifically around networking technologies mainly SDWAN, NFV and MESH networks is a requirement.
- Exposure to and experience using data analytics algorithms with data from security products such as Rapid7, Paladion and BeyondTrust
- Experience in deploying and customising networking monitoring tools with Aruba equipment will also be looked upon favourably.
- Ability to develop scripting to automate procedures and data collection Networking and Security hardware and software utilising REST API and market system plugins.
- Good written and verbal communications skills are required to interact directly with the internal and external clients
- Understanding of virtualisation and system consolidation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Advanced knowledge of database systems (SQL, Oracle), also backup and recovery databases
- Technical documentation
- Process focused
- Attention to detail
- Possess a current Drivers Licence
- Ideally your previous industry experience will include
- 2+ Network/Telecommunication engineering support experience
- 2+ years working with IT infrastructure such as Backup systems, servers, storage and networking
- Prior experience with a systems integrator will be well regarded
On offer is a generous negotiated salary package ($60K-$80) commensurate with qualifications, experience and capacity to do this and any future role. Please use the ‘Apply’ Button now and send your details and a Covering Letter summarising your fit to this key role.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Email firstname.lastname@example.org – (NO RECRUITERS THANK YOU)