Explore your Future With Us.
Support Engineer (Managed Services)
- Do you have a genuine passion to be part of a growing team?
- Are you able to understand internal and external clients’ needs and provide technical solutions?
- Looking for a new challenge to really use these talents?
At Perfekt we are a fast-growing IT Services Company that has a primary focus in Infrastructure technologies encompassing
- Data Management
- Virtualisation – VMware/Microsoft
- Data Centre / CLOUD Solutions
- Managed Services
This key role is to work as part of Managed Services support team and develop support procedures and strategies for customer’s managed infrastructure systems. The successful candidate will be required to follow regular procedures to ensure all the tasks are delivered as per schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Perform operational establishment and preventive maintenance of compute, storage, network, cloud, backups and recovery, security and disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
- Support and enforce business continuity, data protection, data integrity and data security controls across the managed infrastructure systems.
- Recommend corrective action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards detected across the managed infrastructure systems.
- Perform reviews and assessments, recommend current and future strategies and directions for business continuity, data protection and disaster recovery for the managed systems.
- Liaise with hardware and software vendors where required for problem resolution and drive these to conclusion.
- Onboard of new clients by integrating the client’s environment with internal tools and develop operational and support strategies, and procedures for managed infrastructure systems.
- Create, perform and collaborate in dailies, weeklies and monthlies scheduled activities including reports, updates, meetings and trainings.
- Troubleshooting, upgrading and providing service support to managed infrastructure systems.
- Optimize and automate internal systems to improve the managed services activities efficiency.
- Problem and incident management utilising ITIL framework.
- Create, review and maintain documentation such as procedural, instructional and operational guidelines and policies, as well as producing technical reports.
- Provide Level-2 support, training, and knowledge transfer for the managed services customer support officers.
- Perform operational establishment and preventive maintenance for managed infrastructure systems.
- Support and enforce business continuity, data protection, data integrity and data security controls across the managed infrastructure systems
In addition to having superior technical skills, you will need to be able to understand internal and external clients’ requests and respond quickly and effectively. This requires a resourceful and dynamic individual with excellent communication skills and high levels of priority awareness.
This is predominantly a services delivery role where the key function will be focused around Compute, Backup and Security Managed Services provided by Perfekt. To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and experience.
- IT/Computer Science degree
- Technical IT experience on system integration specifically around backup technologies mainly Commvault, is a requirement.
- Exposure to and experience using data analytics algorithm with data from security products such as Paladion and BeyondTrust
- Experience on deploying and customising networking monitoring tools with Aruba equipment will also be looked upon favourably.
- Ability to develop basic scripting to automate procedures and data collection from SAN, Virtualisation, Backup, Networking and Security hardware and software utilising REST API and market system plugins.
- Good written and verbal communications skills are required to interact directly with the internal and external clients
- Understanding of virtualisation and system consolidation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Advanced knowledge of database systems (SQL, Oracle), also backup and recovery databases
- Technical documentation
- Process focused
- Attention to detail
- Possess a current Drivers Licence
- Ideally your previous industry experience will include
- 2+ years working in IT Services, in an Support Engineer role
- 2+ years working with IT infrastructure such as Backup systems, servers, storage and networking
- Prior experience with a systems integrator will be well regarded
On offer is a generous negotiated salary package ($60K-$80) commensurate with qualifications, experience and capacity to do this and any future role. Please use the ‘Apply’ Button now and send your details and a Covering Letter summarising your fit to this key role.
Job Type: Fulltime / Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Email firstname.lastname@example.org – (NO RECRUITERS THANK YOU)