Explore your Future With Us.
Computer Network and Systems Engineer (Managed Services)
- Do you have a genuine passion to be part of a growing team?
- Are you able to understand internal and external clients’ needs and provide technical solutions?
- Looking for a new challenge to really use these talents?
At Perfekt we are a fast-growing IT Services Company that has a primary focus in Infrastructure technologies encompassing
- Data Management
- Virtualisation – VMware/Microsoft
- Data Centre / CLOUD Solutions
- Managed Services
This key role is to work as part of Managed Services support team and plan, design, build, configure, commission and maintain computer network and systems. The successful candidate will be required to follow regular procedures to ensure all the tasks are delivered as per schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan, design, build, configure, commission, and maintain computer networks and systems, taking responsibility for configuration management and overall operational readiness of compute network and systems, especially environments with multiple operating systems and configurations, and provides troubleshooting and fault-finding services for compute network and systems problems
- Analyse, develop, interpret, and evaluate complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration, and integration of computer systems
- Research, analyse, evaluate and monitor compute network and systems infrastructure to ensure networks and integrated system platforms are configured to operate at optimal performance
- Assess and recommend improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software, communications and operating systems
- Provide specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting compute network and systems problems and emergencies
- Install, configure, test, maintain and administer new and upgraded networks, software database applications, virtual and physical systems and servers
- Provide network and systems programming in support of specific business needs and requirements
- Prepare and maintain procedures and documentation for network and systems inventory, and recording diagnosis and resolution of network and systems faults, enhancements and modifications to networks and systems, and maintenance instructions
- Monitor network traffic, and activity, capacity and usage to ensure continued integrity and optimal network performance
- Support and enforce compute network and systems continuity deploying and maintaining monitoring, backup and recovery, replication, control, and automation systems across the managed infrastructure platforms
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures in the provision of computer network and systems
- Recommend corrective action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards detected across the managed network and systems infrastructure
- Liaise with hardware and software vendors where required for problem resolution and drive these to conclusion
- End to end support for the Compute and Network Operations Centre services delivery function
- Create, perform and collaborate in dailies, weeklies and monthlies scheduled activities including reports, updates, meetings and trainings
- Troubleshooting, upgrading and providing service support to communication infrastructure systems including but not limited to compute, storage, network, cloud, backups and recovery, security and disaster recovery and business continuity
- Optimize and automate internal systems to improve the manage services activities efficiency
- Problem and incident management utilising tools and ITIL Framework
In addition to having superior technical skills, you will need to be able to understand internal and external clients’ requests and respond quickly and effectively. This requires a resourceful and dynamic individual with excellent communication skills and high levels of priority awareness.
This is predominantly a services delivery role where the key function will be focused around Telecommunication Network, Backup and Security Managed Services provided by Perfekt. To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and experience.
- Network/Systems Engineering or Information Technology degree
- Technical experience in system integration specifically around networking and virtualisation technologies mainly switching and routing, VMware and Hyper-V is a requirement
- Exposure to and experience using data analytics algorithm with backup solutions such as Commvault and Veeam
- Experience on deploying and customising networking monitoring tools with Aruba equipment will also be looked upon favourably
- Ability to develop scripting to automate procedures and data collection for Networking and Computer hardware and software utilising REST API and market system plugins
- Good written and verbal communications skills are required to interact directly with the internal and external clients
- Knowledge of database systems (SQL, Oracle), also backup and recovery databases
- Technical documentation
- Process focused
- Attention to detail
- Possess a current Drivers Licence
- Ideally your previous industry experience will include
- 2+ Network/Telecommunication engineering support experience
- 2+ years working with IT infrastructure such as Backup systems, servers, storage and networking
- Prior experience with a systems integrator will be well regarded
On offer is a generous negotiated salary package commensurate with qualifications, experience and capacity to do this and any future role. Please use the ‘Apply’ Button now and send your details and a Covering Letter summarising your fit for this key role.
Job Type: Permanent
Email email@example.com – (NO RECRUITERS THANK YOU)