Explore your Future With Us.
Application Programmer (Managed Services)
- Do you have a genuine passion to be part of a growing team?
- Are you able to understand internal and external clients’ needs and provide technical solutions?
- Looking for a new challenge to really use these talents?
At Perfekt we are a fast-growing IT Services Company that has a primary focus in Infrastructure technologies encompassing
- Data Management
- Virtualisation – VMware/Microsoft
- Data Centre / CLOUD Solutions
- Managed Services
This is predominantly a services delivery role where the key function will be focused around developing, deploying and maintaining systems to collect, analyse and report on data from Backup, SAN, Virtualization, Networking and Security infrastructure. The successful candidate will be required to follow regular procedures to ensure all the tasks are delivered as per schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Support the Customer Support Officers with program and applications code for scheduled and routine Managed Services activities
- Develop, test, and maintain script codes to monitor the customer environment utilising market and in-house developed monitoring systems and programs
- Create APIs integration with SANs, Servers, Virtualisation and Backup/DR development
- Continually evaluate procedures and policies of the managed services provided with the view for constant improvement and providing advice to customers and management
- Identify and automate manual, recurring and repetitive tasks with software-based solutions
- Implement new software features and report on existing systems
- Develop, test, and maintain new monitoring and management systems for managed services managed environments
- Install, implement, and maintain software related to monitoring and management functions
- Respond promptly to all calls made by the managed service customer support officers
- Document technical and operational procedures for users and other staff where required
- Utilise Perfekt’s ticketing and planning systems to record and follow up on all tasks
- Raise tickets with software and related hardware vendors where required for problems resolution and drive these to conclusion
- Research into technical problems to assist in resolving system issues
In addition to having superior technical skills, you will need to be able to understand internal and external clients’ requests and respond quickly and effectively. This requires a resourceful and dynamic individual with excellent communication skills and high levels of priority awareness.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and experience,
- IT/Computer Science degree
- Experience in specification, design, development, and test.
- Proficiency in software architecture development and software design
- Technical IT experience on system integration specifically around backup technologies mainly Commvault Rest API, is a requirement.
- Exposure to and experience using data analytics algorithm with data from security products such as Paladion and BeyondTrust
- Experience on deploying and customising networking monitoring tools with Aruba equipment will also be looked upon favourably.
- Ability to develop scripting to automate procedures and data collection from SAN, Virtualisation, Backup, Networking and Security hardware and software utilising REST API and market system plugins.
- Good written and verbal communications skills are required to interact directly with the internal and external clients
- Understanding of virtualisation and system consolidation technologies (Vmware, Hyper-V)
- Advanced knowledge of database systems (SQL, Oracle), also backup and recovery databases
- Technical documentation
- Process focused
- Attention to detail
- Possess a current Drivers Licence*
Ideally your previous industry experience will include
- 3+ years working in IT Services, in a Software and Application Programmer role*
- 3+ years working with IT infrastructure such as Backup systems, servers, storage and networking*
- Prior experience with a systems integrator will be well regarded
On offer is a generous negotiated salary package commensurate with qualifications, experience and capacity to do this and any future role. Please use the ‘Apply’ Button now and send your details and a Covering Letter summarising your fit to this key role.
Job Type: Fulltime / Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Email firstname.lastname@example.org – (NO RECRUITERS THANK YOU)